Thank you to those who contacted us both publicly and privately to give us feedback on the recent ranged system changes. The Dev Group has met again on these changes and with your feedback taken into consideration have decided the following: Packet Archery is officially reinstated into the system with the following particulars: Packet Archery may only be used every 5 seconds, and skill calls may not be used within 10 feet of the target. (This is in order to preserve the same capability that a bow/real arrow user would normally have. The idea is not to give an advantage to packet archery that actual bow/arrow crossbow/bolt users do not have). Further, ALL Bow and Crossbow combinations (Both nerf, packet, and actual arrows/bolts) will have their damage upped to 3 across the board. (Note: Thrown weapons will STILL only do one damage, this is an increase in base damage to packet archery and nerf arrows.)
The consolidation of the ranged skills is remaining in effect. Thank you again for all of your feedback!
In light of the feedback that we have received, we have decided to REMOVE packet archery from the system entirely. All skills that previously applied to the archery tree or the thrown tree exclusively now apply to ALL ranged abilities. What this means is, if you already have pierce thrown or pierce missile, you could use those pierces interchangeably with either weapon type. Going forward, Pierce: Thrown and Pierce: Missile shall have their skill names changed to Pierce: Ranged.
When delivering NON-base list skills with a thrown weapon, you must wait 5 seconds in between each skill call. This does NOT apply to poison, as poison is not a skill. Bows and Crossbows may still deliver skills as quickly as they can fire.
The following has been posted onto the in-game message boards, as well as any other public message boards in the surrounding area. All of the below may be considered as in-game knowledge by any character travelling through or residing in the area.
The following pieces of parchment have begun to circulate in the areas and towns surrounding New Calendale. Hundreds upon hundreds of copies are being distributed by the couriers guild to as many homes as they can get to. It is clear that this information is meant to be given to everyone. All character are considered to have access to this information.
Welcome to the 1st Year of our yearly summer promotion hereby known as the:
“We Couldn’t Agree on a Title Summer Promotion”
– or WCATSP for short. (“Wuh-CATS-puh”)
This special promotion celebrates our 14th season of RoA.
This promotion lasts JULY – AUGUST – SEPTEMBER 2016
*New Player Weekends*
- Any new player to RoA will be admitted at half price – $10.
- All new players will receive an “Adventurer’s Starter” package. This will include several useful potions and sundries to help get them started!
- All character point recruitment awards will be DOUBLED for new players recruited.
- 2 character points will be added to your bank immediately following the event in question.
- After someone you refer has attended 3 games, an additional 2 character points will be added to your bank immediately following the event in question and that person will be counted towards your lifetime recruitment total.
- If you bring a NEW cast member as either a temp cast with the intention of going player later OR with the intent on possibly becoming full cast, you will get 2 character points per cast member you bring. They must cast the whole weekend for this to count.
*Benefits for ALL players, new and old!*
- Buy 2 get 1 free CP!
- If you buy 2 buy in points for any of the 3 “We Couldn’t Agree on a Title Summer Promotion,” you will get an extra, free point that can be used rules free. You may do this for each event you attend.
- Each of the (3) “We Couldn’t Agree on a Title Summer Promotion” events we will raffle off a single item. We will try to post what this item will be in advance of the event. Every player who attends as either player OR temp cast will get a single entry into the raffle for the item. This will be drawn at game off and given to the winner. In the case of magic items, these will be pre-attuned and can be used at the following event.
- For each event you attend during the WCATSP promotion you will earn WCATSP Points. You shall earn 3 WCATSP Points for the first and second events you attend, and 4 WCATSP Points for the third event you attend. A cumulative total of 10 possible WCATSP Points are possible if you attend all three events.
- If you are unable to attend a Realms of Adventure Event in person, you WILL be eligible for the WCATSP Points if you purchase 3 points under the Missed Events Program.
If you have questions not covered, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will answer them as quick as possible. We look forward to seeing you all at game!
Download the WCATSP Rewards Sheet here!
- Jeredithian Inquisition investigating local officials of New Calendale for abuse of power and possible corruption.
- Farmers seeking aid from Nobility after fields razed by strange fire spewing insects.
- Feared pirate ship The Plunderers Bounty seen sighted near coast of Dunford Bay.
- Mary Beth Charity while walking the local market knocked into a cabbage cart sending it careening downhill crashing into statue of local hero, Barristan von Astrea. The statue was destroyed beyond repair.
- Church of Razabaoth is in negotiations with the Twin Kingdoms to erect first church of Razabaoth on this side of the World.
- Ipponese emissary ship reportedly several days out from Dunford Bay Harbor.
- Agoria reportedly furious with the Twin Kingdoms while Sekhem applauds the Twin Kingdoms on its positive use of undead. Tensions are high. It is rumored that delegates from both countries are said to be visiting The Twin Kingdoms soon.
- Ship found floating crewless. The ship bore signs of a boarding party fighting, but curiously only foodstuffs were found to be missing from the ship’s hold.
- So called “Dwarven” master weaponsmith Tharidin Embersbeard has been arrested for selling fake mithril sword to Dunford Bay militia quartermaster.
- Many locals of Dunford Bay complaining about horrible recurring nightmares asking for aid from Church of Arrawiel.
- There has been a large increase in infernal presence within the Twin Kingdoms. The threat has caused them to move up new Scarlet Scarf Exams to the Blood Moon of 1116.
- The Larigmoore recovery process is steadily improving thanks to Twin Kingdoms Forces and a company from New Calendale.
- Powerful explosion rocked the Mages’ district in Vondara, leveling a small building. Thankfully, the building was nearly empty at the time, and only a few were injured. Journeyman Mage and Alchemist Aberfark Lazbark was found to be responsible for the failed experiment that caused the explosion.
- Jewelry Store owner Crestin Dellinger reports that his store was attacked one night as he was closing up shop by a wraith. The Wraith reportedly tore apart his store and stole a few rings before disappearing.
- Several Mages, displeased with the current leadership of the guild, have petitioned for an audience with King Leopold to discuss the potential formation of a secondary Mages’ Guild. They are of the belief that if many merchant trading companies can exist, why not many Mages’ Guilds as well?
- A strange howling has been heard in the woods at night. All who have heard it insist it does not sound like Gnolls. Some animals have been found torn apart.
- Everlorn Tavers made appearance at Emperio’s Tomes and Scrolls in Vondara, signing copies of his newest Limited Edition auto-biography titled, “Born Great, The Everlorn Tavers Story.”
If your character ended last game in Larigmoore, they may have heard the Larigmoore rumors (but should not have heard the New Calendale rumors.)
If your character ended last game in New Calendale or was NOT present at last game (and therefore, ended in New Calendale), they may have heard the New Calendale Rumors. (And should not have heard the Larigmoore Rumors)
- Some soldiers have been overheard voicing concerns that the Licensed Necromancer currently in control of the undead is simply using the Twin Kingdoms military to wipe out any rivals to his power before he turns on the populace. Some are even going so far as to say that he used enchantment magic to enthrall the Twin Kingdoms official that gave him permission to control them in the first place.
- Some believe that there are spies working for the necromancers among those gathering for the upcoming assault against the center of the city, and that the entire thing will be one elaborate trap.
- Some soldiers have simply been disappearing in the night. It is unclear whether or not these are deserters or if something worse is at work.
- Some are supposedly making a killing (in coin) as a result of all of this conflict in Larigmoore. What if they’ve been causing conflicts like these in order to benefit?
- The efforts of those assisting in Larigmoore have not gone unnoticed, and those efforts are going to make the reconstruction as a whole much smoother once the undead menace has been eradicated.
- An official from the mages’ guild supposedly confirmed that the Necromancer at the center of this may be a remnant from Mahotuk’s army.
New Calendale Rumors
- The Elemental Storm in the north seems to have stopped growing in size, though none save for the Romani have been approaching it closely.
- Local dockmaster killed by strange creatures that came from the sea. (Though it was emphasized that they were NOT Sea Elves.)
- The Jeredithian Inquisition recently took command of a small guard outpost nearby New Calendale, declaring it to be a new Field Outpost for the organization.
- Jebediah to be hanged for the murder of his wife and her lover Hugo.
- Strange metal creature seen walking through the woods northeast of New Calendale. It fled when approached, and seemed to be heading north.
- Emerald Scarf Exams reportedly cancelled last moon because of several individuals caught cheating on the exam. All exams thrown out. Retest to be issued soon.
- Citizens concerned that Aldorin ambassador is merely scout for invading Aldorin force.
- Local drunk Lonnie Lester claims a blue-eyed wraith appeared in his house, tore it apart in a seeming attempt to find something, and left. Most believe he was simply drunk and angry since his wife left.
- While Mary-Beth Charity was visiting Linda Sue’s home, Mary-Beth Charity accidentally knocked over a lantern. Most of Linda Sue’s home was burned to the ground. The Church of Attalia is accepting donations in labor, materials, or coin to assist in the rebuilding of her home.
- Insane farmer seen wandering the area, claiming to be herding invisible sheep.
- The town of Duncaster has been massacred by unknown forces. All that are left of the people who lived there are bodies. The Town Hall building believed to be where the massacre took place was covered in blood. Among the bodies, a parchment bearing the words, “ We shouldn’t have gotten involved in their war.” could be found.
- A dangerous peeping tom was spotted in the area of The Temple of Attalia.
The brave citizens of New Calendale met upon the field of battle with the forces of the occupying necromancers and their horrific creations. At first, it seemed as though the plan to destroy the necromantic artifacts went completely awry, as the artifact was nowhere to be found. Fortunately, the artifact was eventually found upon the corpse of a Reaper.
Wave after wave of undead fell upon the forces of New Calendale as the ritual to destroy the artifact began. Undead the likes of which have never been seen, including the new and terrifying horror that officials have taken to naming “Executioners.”
Partway through the ritual to destroy them, Master Aramel discovered something interesting. The ritual was intended to force all of the energy of these artifacts outward at once to destroy them. However, Aramel realized that if he focused these energies into another vessel (ie, himself) he could take complete control of the undead within the area and use them to fight alongside Twin Kingdoms and Solinarian forces in an attempt to minimize the loss of life. As the chaos of battle rang around the ritual circle, a field decision was made by the highest-ranking official present. The necromantic energy would be refocused into Aramel so that he could control the undead.
After a small power struggle between the last surviving Necromancer on the battlefield and Aramel himself, Aramel had complete control over the remaining undead. With confidence of the sort born after a great victory, Aramel announced his intentions to spearhead the assault into previously lost areas of the city immediately.
With the citizens of New Calendale at his back, Aramel led the undead forces under his control as a vanguard aimed towards the docks, intending on slicing the occupying force’s territory in half. New Calendale’s citizens lived up to their hard-won reputation as a people of strong will and heart. Aramel and the forces of New Calendale cut a path to the allied-occupied docks. Strangely, the undead that Aramel controlled were completely immune to the effects of control from enemy Necromancers (a fact they would often learn at the expense of their lives).
After contact had been made with the Twin Kingdoms and Solinarian forces stationed there, a huge push was made to completely destroy the enemy undead and their controllers in an expanding radius outward from the docks.
The Twin Kingdoms and Solinarian forces were incredibly uneasy about fighting alongside the undead and many spoke out against it. However, once it became clear that lives would be saved by using them, the dissenting soldiers trusted in their commanders and did their job.
With the momentum gained by this great victory in the war that this had become, the fighting went on throughout the night and into most of the next day.
With the sun beginning to set, and exhaustion setting in, Aramel commanded all of his undead to follow the orders of certain specific members of the military and then he collapsed. He was brought back from the front lines in order to recuperate.
With undead sentries guarding the safety of the perimeter alongside living ones, a constant guard could be set up with minimal personnel.
All non-military personnel (and ALL those from New Calendale who were part of the battle) were sent back to the Dock areas to rest and manage supplies. There are rumors that the Twin Kingdoms and Solinarian forces have decided to marshal up and completely control the territories retaken before making a final push to destroy what is likely the heart of this infestation.
After the dust of the initial assault had settled, those from New Calendale were thanked personally by General Averitt (leader of the Twin Kingdoms forces there) and Commander Atrius (the ranking Solinarian Military leader).
At the end of their thanks, the military leaders asked the following of those from New Calendale: if those from New Calendale would lend their strength in assisting in stabilizing Larigmoore and assisting in the assault planned in less than three weeks time. They were confident all present would agree to the request.
Over the next few weeks, the following will be occurring:
- All who arrived from New Calendale shall be granted temporary board within the buildings still around and near the (miraculously still standing) inn and bar named: The Lucky Swordfish.
- Refugees are returning to the city via ship and beginning to rebuild the infrastructure needed to support so many people and troops in one area.
- Those from New Calendale will not be expected to assist in preparations for the assault (such as unloading supplies from incoming ships) or in rebuilding the area, but the help would not go unnoticed.
- Several Trading vessels led by clerics of Virajar will make their way to the area, not only bringing supplies, but attempting to set up a small market place in order to get the flow of goods back into the city. (Merchanting, including via contacts shall function as normal)
- The Church of Viralee has sent several librarians and many books to assist in any sort of research that may need to take place, or to simply occupy the mind and keep morale up in the process. (You may use the Research skill as normal, including all unlocked libraries)
- All other between-game skills may be used as normal
- Marquis Artenian and Fontaine arrive a few days after the initial fighting in order to assist wherever they can.
For those that remained in New Calendale
News of the victory in Larigmoore returned to you quickly via an emergency court session held by Baron Ravenholm, Marquis Artenian, and Marquis Fontaine. Those few that were left were NOT chastised for leaving and, in fact, were thanked for taking upon the arduous task of remaining behind to manage and defend such a dangerous place with such a small amount of people. The upcoming assault was explained somewhat and the nobility once again thanked those who remained to keep the peace within New Calendale.
- The Scroll and Dragon Tavern chat remains open (if a little quiet).
- Merchanting, Research, and all other between-game skills may be used as normal.
Event Dates for 2016
March 11th – 13th
April 8th – 10th
April 29th – May 1st
May 20th – 22nd
July 8th – 10th
August 5th – 7th
September 16th – 18th
October 14th – 16th
As we embark on our thirteenth year, we welcome you to step into Realms of Adventure! If you have never heard of us before, or are new to LARP in general check out the ABOUT US tab, where you can find out some information about us and get started with some of the basics of playing at Realms of Adventure. If you wish to get in touch with us or ask a question, take a look at the CONTACT US tab. If you wish to learn more about our events go to the EVENT INFO tab. If you want to dive right into the rules of the game go to the RULES tab and click on CORE RULES. Lastly check out our small but growing LINKS tab to get to some sites that may interest you. If you encounter any difficulties using the site, game specific question, or just want to say hello, please contact us! For now, sit back, relax and enjoy your stay with us at Realms of Adventure! Our first official event was held the weekend of September 12-14th 2003.
Our next event in New Calendale based at Camp Sacajawea, Sparta NJ will be held in April 29th – May 1st, 2016. We hope to see you there!