Missed Event Points
If you are unable to attend an event, you may elect to purchase up to 6 character points at a rate of $10 per character point (4 for the event, and 2 for the buy‐ins). You may also convert service points as per the normal conversion rates/rules (up to 3 per event).
Updating Your Character
If you elect to purchase at least 4 character points in this fashion, you may perform a character update as if you had attended the event, pursuant to the same update deadlines. Since Missed Event Points are immediately added to your bank, please note that the usual restrictions on pulling points from the bank still apply.
In the interest of fairness, we are allowing this policy to apply retroactively to a maximum of 3 events a player has missed (from the first event they’ve attended) before this announcement. As stated above, you may elect to purchase up to 6 character points at a rate of $10 per character point (4 for the event, and 2 for the buy‐ins).
You may also convert service points as per the normal conversion rates/rules (up to 3 per event). Any retroactively bought or converted points will go directly into your bank.
Returning Player Incentive
Requirements: Been gone as a player for a minimum of 2 years
- As a welcome back, your first game back will be reduced in price to $20.
- Gain 1 character point per year missed, usable in an update immediately as rules free points.
- 1 spell or crafting recipe gained per year gone. The recipe or spell will be whatever would have been next in progression.
- For the first update coming back, may purchase non-self taught skills from their class base list except for Literacy: Other.
- If referred back by an existing player, that player will be eligible for the standard 1 character point referral reward.