Monthly Archives: May 2016
The following has been posted onto the in-game message boards, as well as any other public message boards in the surrounding area. All of the below may be considered as in-game knowledge by any character travelling through or residing in the area.
The following pieces of parchment have begun to circulate in the areas and towns surrounding New Calendale. Hundreds upon hundreds of copies are being distributed by the couriers guild to as many homes as they can get to. It is clear that this information is meant to be given to everyone. All character are considered to have access to this information.
Welcome to the 1st Year of our yearly summer promotion hereby known as the:
“We Couldn’t Agree on a Title Summer Promotion”
– or WCATSP for short. (“Wuh-CATS-puh”)
This special promotion celebrates our 14th season of RoA.
This promotion lasts JULY – AUGUST – SEPTEMBER 2016
*New Player Weekends*
- Any new player to RoA will be admitted at half price – $10.
- All new players will receive an “Adventurer’s Starter” package. This will include several useful potions and sundries to help get them started!
- All character point recruitment awards will be DOUBLED for new players recruited.
- 2 character points will be added to your bank immediately following the event in question.
- After someone you refer has attended 3 games, an additional 2 character points will be added to your bank immediately following the event in question and that person will be counted towards your lifetime recruitment total.
- If you bring a NEW cast member as either a temp cast with the intention of going player later OR with the intent on possibly becoming full cast, you will get 2 character points per cast member you bring. They must cast the whole weekend for this to count.
*Benefits for ALL players, new and old!*
- Buy 2 get 1 free CP!
- If you buy 2 buy in points for any of the 3 “We Couldn’t Agree on a Title Summer Promotion,” you will get an extra, free point that can be used rules free. You may do this for each event you attend.
- Each of the (3) “We Couldn’t Agree on a Title Summer Promotion” events we will raffle off a single item. We will try to post what this item will be in advance of the event. Every player who attends as either player OR temp cast will get a single entry into the raffle for the item. This will be drawn at game off and given to the winner. In the case of magic items, these will be pre-attuned and can be used at the following event.
- For each event you attend during the WCATSP promotion you will earn WCATSP Points. You shall earn 3 WCATSP Points for the first and second events you attend, and 4 WCATSP Points for the third event you attend. A cumulative total of 10 possible WCATSP Points are possible if you attend all three events.
- If you are unable to attend a Realms of Adventure Event in person, you WILL be eligible for the WCATSP Points if you purchase 3 points under the Missed Events Program.
If you have questions not covered, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will answer them as quick as possible. We look forward to seeing you all at game!
Download the WCATSP Rewards Sheet here!
- Jeredithian Inquisition investigating local officials of New Calendale for abuse of power and possible corruption.
- Farmers seeking aid from Nobility after fields razed by strange fire spewing insects.
- Feared pirate ship The Plunderers Bounty seen sighted near coast of Dunford Bay.
- Mary Beth Charity while walking the local market knocked into a cabbage cart sending it careening downhill crashing into statue of local hero, Barristan von Astrea. The statue was destroyed beyond repair.
- Church of Razabaoth is in negotiations with the Twin Kingdoms to erect first church of Razabaoth on this side of the World.
- Ipponese emissary ship reportedly several days out from Dunford Bay Harbor.
- Agoria reportedly furious with the Twin Kingdoms while Sekhem applauds the Twin Kingdoms on its positive use of undead. Tensions are high. It is rumored that delegates from both countries are said to be visiting The Twin Kingdoms soon.
- Ship found floating crewless. The ship bore signs of a boarding party fighting, but curiously only foodstuffs were found to be missing from the ship’s hold.
- So called “Dwarven” master weaponsmith Tharidin Embersbeard has been arrested for selling fake mithril sword to Dunford Bay militia quartermaster.
- Many locals of Dunford Bay complaining about horrible recurring nightmares asking for aid from Church of Arrawiel.
- There has been a large increase in infernal presence within the Twin Kingdoms. The threat has caused them to move up new Scarlet Scarf Exams to the Blood Moon of 1116.
- The Larigmoore recovery process is steadily improving thanks to Twin Kingdoms Forces and a company from New Calendale.
- Powerful explosion rocked the Mages’ district in Vondara, leveling a small building. Thankfully, the building was nearly empty at the time, and only a few were injured. Journeyman Mage and Alchemist Aberfark Lazbark was found to be responsible for the failed experiment that caused the explosion.
- Jewelry Store owner Crestin Dellinger reports that his store was attacked one night as he was closing up shop by a wraith. The Wraith reportedly tore apart his store and stole a few rings before disappearing.
- Several Mages, displeased with the current leadership of the guild, have petitioned for an audience with King Leopold to discuss the potential formation of a secondary Mages’ Guild. They are of the belief that if many merchant trading companies can exist, why not many Mages’ Guilds as well?
- A strange howling has been heard in the woods at night. All who have heard it insist it does not sound like Gnolls. Some animals have been found torn apart.
- Everlorn Tavers made appearance at Emperio’s Tomes and Scrolls in Vondara, signing copies of his newest Limited Edition auto-biography titled, “Born Great, The Everlorn Tavers Story.”