Tenative New Player

• Creator
    Topic
    Aries
    Participant

Hello!My name is Marcella and I plan on trying to attend at least a couple of games during the year. I live in Maryland so it is difficult to arrange transportation.I'm considering playing a Pixie Cleric of Elantrai, though I realized halfway through planning this might be a common thing... is it?Either way, I have met a group of players from RoA and think they're all wonderful people so I can't wait to meet the rest of you ๐Ÿ™‚For now, I'll be ghosting around the boards and doing my best to learn how things work.Till then!-Marcella (Mars for short)

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Valeria Trio
    Participant

I just want to say thank you for the discussion on the skill of Florentine I. I have been hearing from multiple people for the past several events that Florentine Iย  can only be 2 daggers. The description does say 1-handed edged (which a short sword is) with a small weapon. So a 1-handed edged short sword and dagger is acceptable.

Aries
    Participant

Well, thanks, I'll get some things printed out ๐Ÿ™‚A question from my friends:Is it acceptable if 1 or 2 Brownies came in game with me? I didn't notice any population issues with them.

Mike
    Participant

Based on current population trends, 1 would be fine.ย  2 could be an issue, but if they have a background tie in we can probably work something out.ย  let me know.

Aries
    Participant

I've heard that the inn's closed off for the game?I was wondering if there was like assigned sleeping places or if we were just allowed to go where we could get to.If everyone can make it, there might be about ten of us now... (My pixie has all the friends I guess)Also, is it alright if some of us just NPC like... all of Friday night? We have more than a few make-up roles coming in and it'd be easier to just get it out of the way/learn the rules at first I'd think.Just let me know so I can spread the word.Thank you ^_^

Shelly
    Participant

To my knowledge new players are not allowed to NPC friday nightUsually extensive make up has priority.

Aries
    Participant

Is NPCing Sunday alright? I'm more worried about the Agorian and the Half-Orcs.

Alanna
    Participant

I've heard that the inn's closed off for the game?I was wondering if there was like assigned sleeping places or if we were just allowed to go where we could get to.If everyone can make it, there might be about ten of us now... (My pixie has all the friends I guess)Also, is it alright if some of us just NPC like... all of Friday night? We have more than a few make-up roles coming in and it'd be easier to just get it out of the way/learn the rules at first I'd think.Just let me know so I can spread the word.Thank you ^_^

Sleeping - the bedrooms in the inn/main building are closed off to players (the large main room is open as the tavern). Players also can't sleep in the barn side-room. All other cabins and tents are available though, and the player base is small enough that if you want a bed in a building, you can find one, it just may be further down the road than you want. Last event I stayed in a cabin that was just myself and one other person because people are lazy and don't wanna walk 4 minutes to bed, heh.The cabin closest to the main building (with the full kitchen) is the guard house for this game, so folks whose characters are on the town guard have first dibs on beds in there. But again, small player base, small guard, there are always tons of beds left in there. Besides that, sleeping locations are all first come first serve.NPC shifts - someone in charge can answer what the situation is with new make up characters and friday night NPC shifts. There are shifts both in the morning at game on and before game off on sat and sunday though, so one of those might work for them if they really can't do friday night. Cast is generally pretty understanding, if there are issues talk to someone and they can probably work something out with you.Don't worry about rules learning too much. You'll be going to a "new player meeting" on friday before game where all important skills are covered, and the reason new players usually can't do friday NPC shifts is because you'll be going on a mod just for new characters at the start of the event to ease you into things. ๐Ÿ™‚

Karmine
    Participant

Yikes, gonna be a lot of new people to meet it looks like.ย  It'll be a blast to meet you all!

Aries
    Participant

Oh, I keep forgetting this game ends during the evenings, we don't need to try and sleep with face paint on lolI guess we'll just fill in where allowed then unless one of them makes a request

M_Roberts82
    Participant

Yay! More people to collect taxes from… err, I mean to adventure with. Yeah, that's what I meant… adventure. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mike
    Participant

I think patty hit the main points.ย  As to cast shifts, just look for direction from the person with the sign up sheet and they will help get you sorted!

Aries
    Participant

Taxes? What is…Is that another word for cookies?I think it was.All of the adventure ๐Ÿ˜€I'll try and make sure people submit backgrounds before the weekend, but there might be a few turn-ins at check in which I think I read is allowable, just irritating. Sorry ahead of time ๐Ÿ˜ก

Stone
    Participant

More players is always welcome never an irritation! Just logistically difficult sometimes ^_^

Alanna
    Participant

Taxes? What is...Is that another word for cookies?I think it was.

"Taxes" is that thing where you make friends with someone with money and then make puppy dogs eyes at them while commenting on how you're broke when some dude tells you you have to give him money or else they're gonna kick your butt. Not that I've ever been on either end of that scenario or anything. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Gunnar
    Participant

Taxes? What is...Is that another word for cookies?I think it was.

"Taxes" is that thing where you make friends with someone with money and then make puppy dogs eyes at them while commenting on how you're broke when some dude tells you you have to give him money or else they're gonna kick your butt. Not that I've ever been on either end of that scenario or anything. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yeah I sure wouldn't know anything about that, nope, Salim has never had a problem with bookies ever.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.