Tenative New Player

• Creator
    Topic
    Aries
    Participant

Hello!My name is Marcella and I plan on trying to attend at least a couple of games during the year. I live in Maryland so it is difficult to arrange transportation.I'm considering playing a Pixie Cleric of Elantrai, though I realized halfway through planning this might be a common thing... is it?Either way, I have met a group of players from RoA and think they're all wonderful people so I can't wait to meet the rest of you 🙂For now, I'll be ghosting around the boards and doing my best to learn how things work.Till then!-Marcella (Mars for short)

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Aries
    Participant

So, it looks like I will be showing up with two new players in tow for April 😀

Karmine
    Participant

Awesome!  New Players are the best part of a new event.  So many new people to meet and interact with.

Scott
    Keymaster

Excellent! I look forward to meeting you guys =).

Huzzah for new players!

Aries
    Participant

Add another to the group. Seems my solo act is starting to round itself out nicely all of a sudden.I submitted my back story and was curious if someone could let me know if it was received. Apparently my out going e-mails are having trouble

Scott
    Keymaster

It was indeed received and is currently under review =). Thanks for submitting it ahead of time!

Aries
    Participant

Thanks for letting me know 🙂We're all slowly but surely figuring out everything.This should be the last question from me (they might ask stuff through me)Do you need us to submit characters ahead of time somewhere or is it alright if we just have it all written down when we get there?

Mike
    Participant

Please submit backgrounds via MS Word to backgrounds@realmsofadventure.netHand written ones are problematic.Thanks!

Alanna
    Participant

She mentioned already sending her background in, I believe her question is regarding character stats/skills/whatever else goes on character sheets.To answer that, there's this from the character creation section.

Hopefully we will have an online character submission working soon. In the meantime you can e-mail your character to us at updates@realmsofadventure.net,

So, looks like you can send your characters there. I'd guess to include your name and your character's name, race, class, Diety followed if any, and then list the skills you'd like to start with from your class list, though Mike or Scott can correct me if that's wrong (I remember doing that when I started, but that was a million years ago and for the first event of the game, so things have change since then).

Scott
    Keymaster

So, looks like you can send your characters there. I'd guess to include your name and your character's name, race, class, Diety followed if any, and then list the skills you'd like to start with from your class list, though Mike or Scott can correct me if that's wrong (I remember doing that when I started, but that was a million years ago and for the first event of the game, so things have change since then).

Correct =). Also, be sure to submit your background to backgrounds@realmsofadventure.net as well! Please note that you will still be required to fill out a new player sheet prior to game on when you sign your waiver, as that is where you'll fill out things such as emergency contact information. Alternatively, you can click here to download this form now and fill it out ahead of time, and even send it back to us if you have the means to do so in lieu of submitting an email as described below.Here are a few examples of what the email should look like:=======================================================Example #1: Mage with Alchemy and Merchanting

Player Name:    
    Jane Newplayer
    Character Name:    
    Lina Inverse
    Race:    
    Grey Elf
    Class:    
    Mage
    School of Magic:    
    Fire
    Deity Followed:    
    Viralee

Starting Character SheetTotal Starting Health: 1

Quantity    
    Skill                           Cost
    2 points of Mana 3
    Detect/Attune 4
    Alchemy 6
    Craft: Merchant 2

Literacy Free (Racial)

Total Points: 15

Alchemy Point Distribution:

Potion    
    Cost
    Healing, Minor    
    Mana Restoration, Minor    

=======================================================Example #2: Fighter

Player Name:    
    Johnny Musclebound
    Character Name:    
    Big McLargehuge
    Race:    
    Human
    Class:    
    Fighter
    Deity Followed:    
    None

Starting Character SheetTotal Starting Health: 5

Quantity    
    Skill                           Cost
    Health 4
    Parry 4

Small Weapon 1

1-Handed Edged 3

Florentine I 3

Total Points: 15

Xandis
    Participant

I remember a long long time ago a clarify say that in order to have Florentine you need the appropriate weapon skills as pre-reqs such as small weapon. Did this change or is my memory just off?

Scott
    Keymaster

I remember a long long time ago a clarify say that in order to have Florentine you need the appropriate weapon skills as pre-reqs such as small weapon. Did this change or is my memory just off?

In order to use two weapons with only Florentine I, yes, the second weapon you wield must be a small weapon as per the rules of the skill (and you must therefore purchase small weapon). However, with Florentine II, you need only have the skills required to wield both of your weapons, in this case the one-handed edged skill (for which there are no prerequisites). Florentine I has no prerequisites, likely because it's possible that someone can be well trained in the use of one-handed edged weapons (and thus the ability to dual wield them) without knowing how to properly wield a dagger.

Mike
    Participant

Actually Scott, you are wrong.  This is why official clarifies come only from me.  You MUST have Small weapon in order to learn Florentine I.  And you MUST have Florentine I to learn Florentine II.  Matt is correct.  You cannot just go straight to Florentine II and ignore small weapon as a pre req for Florentine I.While Florentine I lists pre req as none it is fairly self evident that without a weapon, you couldn't use the skill and since one of the weapons used in the skill must be a small weapon, you obviously need that.And Patty sorry I misunderstood her question.  Thanks for clearing that up.*Edit - I'm nopt sure why this didn't carry through to the new site, but I looked at my old files and I had actually had "Small Weapon AND 1H Edged OR 1H Blunt" listed as pre reqs for Florentine I since some folks didn't realize it.

Faarooq
    Participant

@Scott: Bonus points for Slayers reference.

*Edit - I'm nopt sure why this didn't carry through to the new site, but I looked at my old files and I had actually had "Small Weapon AND 1H Edged OR 1H Blunt" listed as pre reqs for Florentine I since some folks didn't realize it.

That doesn't sound right. Shouldn't it just be Small Weapon, since you can use two daggers? Or is it intended to only be a bonus for someone using a long weapon?

Mike
    Participant

@Scott: Bonus points for Slayers reference.

*Edit - I'm nopt sure why this didn't carry through to the new site, but I looked at my old files and I had actually had "Small Weapon AND 1H Edged OR 1H Blunt" listed as pre reqs for Florentine I since some folks didn't realize it.

That doesn't sound right. Shouldn't it just be Small Weapon, since you can use two daggers? Or is it intended to only be a bonus for someone using a long weapon?

Nah you are right.  Two daggers is ok.  I was reading from my phone and got the wrong line.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.