Realms of Adventure Digital Events Info
For the digital event, we are going to ensure that players who are involved have the opportunity to be involved in two “mods.” If more is able to run, we will include it in the survey – more on the topic of surveys later.
Unlike normal mods, these mods will occur at scheduled times that we tell players in advance. (Folks are welcome to hang out in the “Scroll and Dragon” part of the Discord when not in a mod, and an NPC will still come and grab you when it is time.) We’ll post the exact mod prior to the event itself.
Most if not all of the mods available will have descriptions given prior to the survey being posted. In order to determine which mods players be involved with, we ask that people select and rank their top four choices from the plots on the attached list using the linked survey (In the event you are interested in less than 4 mods, please use the No Further Interest option). The theme of the upcoming Digital Event in September is around Realm’s Night (Full post can be found: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S5UpHxW-IVKnvJ6J8K2DkxgGQiLlWNLx_6A7iTN2GP4/edit?fbclid=IwAR0mmZF7h31rHg3xUeriuQy74OXsxYZbvkEQmuqYVRUwXjQPnE6X0nQe0WQ) and as such the survey will run a bit differently. It will be very apparent how the survey will work when you see it. Based on the options people pick, we will determine which mods to run and when. The survey will generally will be open for several days.
In the event that a mod has high interest beyond the player cap, preference will be given to players who can best engage with the content, either by virtue of connections to the plot or NPCs they’ve already made in game, or having a skillset more relevant to the encounter.
If for some reason a mod that you are interested in does not happen, don’t worry as we’ll likely find a way to run it at an upcoming event. (In other words, no plots will penalize you because a mod isn’t run at the digital event.)
As always if folks have questions feel free to ask them and we’ll do our best to answer them quickly.
We look forward to chatting and roleplaying with you all soon!
We are using our discord server for this Digital Event, below is some information to keep in mind :
- Players and cast alike who haven’t logged on to discord yet, should do so by August 31st (Or the pre registration end date for the digital event you are attending), to ensure that they have access to the discord (Contact Dave R for the link to the server) . (Ideally this is done from a computer, so that it is easier to see some of the images and documents that may accompany a mod)
- Players will be required to adjust their nickname on the discord to be that of their character,an example of this is: Winston Ragglesprocket (Dave R). We would also appreciate it if you could change your profile picture to that of your character however this is not a requirement.
- Mod Descriptions are strictly Out of Game. Your character will have no knowledge of what is happening on that mod prior to being pulled for it by an NPC
- You may NOT trade mods with others – once you complete the survey and that’s it.
- Everyone must enable the “push to talk” option. This is to prevent everyone from talking over each other, please be considerate of each other.
- Do not enter the mod space without NPC letting you in, even if it pops up for you. Think of this similar to the rules with green portals at live events – just because it’s a 2 way portal doesn’t mean you go through it without an NPC with you.
- If you do not yet have a character sheet or a character made but wish to participate, you MUST contact Dave R by August 31st (Or the pre registration end date for the digital event you are attending) or even if you do fill out the survey, you will be unable to attend. We will not be allowing anyone WITHOUT a character sheet, in the discord server on the day of the event which is September 12-13th, 2020. (As an aside, unlike the june digital event if you do not register you will be NOT be able to come in and roleplay during the event and furthermore you must still have a character sheet on file in the event you wish to just attend and roleplay as your character)
Any questions regarding this please reach out to Dave R via email Dave.R@realmsofadventure.net.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.