Thinking of sept

• Creator
    Topic
    Fmarino
    Participant

hey, So ive been on this site for awhile and recently left a game that I ran ( was time to move on) I have been involved in mostly combat games, full contact fighting and such.  I have roleplayed Orcs almost since I was 13yrs old so this is what I will play.  Anyways im thinking of coming out in sept and just figured id say hi and introduce myself.  My Name is Francis Marino aka Vego to my friends or to some The Devil.  Im usually pretty friendly but I tend to be kind of moody and keep to myself every few months lol.  I enjoy using clubs,heavy maces and bows and shields. I am very use to heavy contact and large melee fighting but have specialized in small unit to unit tactics. I have served as a bodyguard in several larps and would most likely continue that work.  I am hoping to bring one of my fellow dreadnoks with me.  So hi and sorry to ramble or repeat myself...

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Stone
    Participant

Hey man you need never apologize for talking and introducing yourself.  Welcome to the madness and very much hope to see you in September and that you find you love Realms as much as the rest of us do.

Fmarino
    Participant

thanks

Ryan
    Participant

Welcome!  Glad to see new faces : D.  We aren't a heavy contact LARP, but we do boffer.  Hope to see you in September!

Fmarino
    Participant

Welcome!  Glad to see new faces : D.  We aren't a heavy contact LARP, but we do boffer.  Hope to see you in September!

yea I could tell by the weapons this was not heavy contact lol, nothing wrong with that.  It will be a intresting change of pace.  I have been inactive in any fighting aside from airsoft for bout a year now.  which means I will have to start hitting the gym again

Xandis
    Participant

Don't get the wrong idea…even though we aren't heavy contact that doesn't mean are battles don't get intense. Trust me come Monday you will feel like you ran a marathon every day the entire weekend. ;D

Fmarino
    Participant

Don't get the wrong idea...even though we aren't heavy contact that doesn't mean are battles don't get intense. Trust me come Monday you will feel like you ran a marathon every day the entire weekend. ;D

Oh im not worried bout that in the least, not that im knocking you folks way of fighting but I know my body.  Im gonna hit up some of the local fighting groups and knock off some of the rust, im kind of working on my character now.   im looking forward to the change of pace, my knees could use the break of mailled romans tackling me to the ground lol.  btw i have some questions ...  Campfires are they allowed ? Do I need to bring my tent or can I get a cabin ? Is it cool if I camp alone ?Hookah allowed ? Alcohol ? How close to period do I need to be ? Armour and weapon weight ?

Xandis
    Participant

btw i have some questions ...  Campfires are they allowed ? Do I need to bring my tent or can I get a cabin ? Is it cool if I camp alone ?Hookah allowed ? Alcohol ? How close to period do I need to be ? Armour and weapon weight ?

Lets see....1. Yes campfires but there must be a designated fire marshal overseeing the campfire at all times. The marshal can be anyone but once you are designated you CANNOT leave the fire unless you hand off responsibility to someone else. So if your watching the fire and Orcs decide you look like an easy squishy to kill you can't run away from them (please do not fight close to fires ever SAFETY FIRST).2. You can bring a tent, or use one of the tents already on site (if they are set up still) or you can sleep in one of the many cabins all are options and none are strictly closed off to player use besides the bunks in the tavern building, these are cast only.3. You can camp alone if you wish.4. Hookah as far as I'm aware isn't against the rules but I would wait for a ruling since the device itself uses hot coals and could potentially run a slight safety hazard when compared to pipes and cigars etc.5. Alcohol and illegal drugs are in no way allowed during the event. If you are found in possession of either of these things then you will be..  A. Asked to leave the game and may be suspended from the game for a period of time all the way up to banned forever.  B. If you are under age or have illegal drugs we are required to call the local police and have them deal with the matter. Please note even if you are 21 Alcohol is NOT ALLOWED.6. Costume can be as simple as black sweat pants and a tabard or as complicated as a full suit of armor. It is really up to you! Also the photo galleries on the site can give you an idea of what most of us do. (The people of Calendale section has a large percentage of the characters in game both players and NPC's.)7. Armor can be as heavy as you want, even an actual suit if you are willing to do ALOT of walking in it all weekend. As for weapons I will hold off and let some of our seasoned boffer smiths answer that. If you need a weapon and have a little cash to throw around check out the OOG market place as some of our players do custom orders (and are extremely good at what they do).Keep in mind that these are the rules as far as I know and i can be incorrect on somethings so please wait for Mike R. (the owner of the game) to weigh in as he has the final say on all rule clarifications.

Sarineo
    Keymaster

Hello, welcome to Realms of Adventure! It looks like Xandis already answered the majority of questions, but for the weapons and armor just reference here for construction/what counts as what: https://realmsofadventure.net/Rules/Combat/weapons_armor.cfmBeing close to time period is always good, although it's not completely necessary as long as it doesn't look glaringly modern, such as in the case of white sneakers or jeans.On a side note added to what was said about alcohol, people are also not allowed to leave the camp, go drinking, and then come back inebriated.If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Mike
    Participant

i think all the major points were covered, so I will just say “Welcome aboard!” and if you have more questions, ask away!

Fmarino
    Participant

Hello, welcome to Realms of Adventure! It looks like Xandis already answered the majority of questions, but for the weapons and armor just reference here for construction/what counts as what: https://realmsofadventure.net/Rules/Combat/weapons_armor.cfmBeing close to time period is always good, although it's not completely necessary as long as it doesn't look glaringly modern, such as in the case of white sneakers or jeans.On a side note added to what was said about alcohol, people are also not allowed to leave the camp, go drinking, and then come back inebriated.If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

We are very strict on our people's kits for medievalism. I was just asking to double check so thank you.  Lol my next question was bout leaving camp and coming back, we have been to this location before.  This will be discussed at the 'Noks meeting tonite.

Rok
    Participant

Hey, great to hear of another Half-Orc, as we are far and few between. I believe that after one of us Final Death'd recently it's just down to myself and Ribz, maybe a cast member here or there. Welcome aboard, looking forward to interacting with you (or not, moody as orcs can be :P) in September.-Rok/Justin

Fmarino
    Participant

Hey, great to hear of another Half-Orc, as we are far and few between. I believe that after one of us Final Death'd recently it's just down to myself and Ribz, maybe a cast member here or there. Welcome aboard, looking forward to interacting with you (or not, moody as orcs can be :P) in September.-Rok/Justin

Hey Justin, haha dont get to excited brother (jokin) we dreadnoks tend to roam from game to game looking for fighting and adventure. but we will be more then happy to tread some war stories with a brother.  See you all in sept ( maybe oct)

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.