Standard gear

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I am in prep for the event this weekend and it has me wondering what is considered standard gear for the player not the character

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Alanna
    Participant

Depends on you and if you're looking for any specific ideas. But for things I'd consider to be required personally:-Food, trying to stay heavier on the non-perishable side due to limited fridge space. Extra water in your sleeping area is a good idea if you won't be in the guard house.-Sheet/blanket (ideally both) and a pillow. More blanket than you think you'll need, though that's a bigger issue in the cold than now.-Basic camping problems solutions gear - bug spray, sunscreen if you won't be covered, otc pain meds, 'feminine supplies' for ladies, allergy meds if you take any, an extra inhaler if possible if you have asthma, any other meds you take or may need due to personal medical conditions obviously. -Pajamas. Unless you have 2 or 3 of the same article of costuming you're going to be wearing clothes more than one day, and if you also sleep in them all weekend in the summer that is gross, omg, don't do it, take those things off while you sleep and try to find a place to hang them so they air out a bit and don't smell as terrible by sunday.-Lantern or flashlight if you aren't planning to stay in a cabin.-Anything your character will need based on their skills - spell packets if you're a caster, bandages if you have first, aid, a lockpicking 'kit' for lockpicking, etc.-Package of baby wipes. Handy for random things.-Toothbrush/toothpaste. Or at least mouthwash.-Clean regular clothes for sunday.Most of those are repeats of what is listed here - https://realmsofadventure.net/About/first_game.cfmYou'll learn over time if there are other things you feel you need to bring for yourself, but for now, that list covers all the important things.

Sean
    Participant

Socks.

Gunnar
    Participant

Socks.

AND Underwear, thank us later 😛

Shelly
    Participant

Even though I know socks are my all time favorite thing to bring because I hate my feet to get wet. for this event since well here where i live it hit 100 degrees, I say water will be your best friend. Anything to keep your self hydrated. i suggest especially bringing a bottle of water to your cast duty this event if its going to be as hot as it has been.( on a small side note: i will be bringing some more goodies for cast because im not allowed to use the oven for my cupcakes. however one of those things will be ice pops however im bringing some for players *if i have enough money*, an then ill have ones for cast.. )with what alana said id like to add: if they make you go to sleep or something please let cast know so that we can help out in any way with it )

Scott
    Keymaster

Also, socks.

Sarineo
    Keymaster

Don't forget about socks!

Mike
    Participant

( on a small side note: i will be bringing some more goodies for cast because im not allowed to use the oven for my cupcakes. however one of those things will be ice pops however im bringing some for players *if i have enough money*, an then ill have ones for cast.. )

As always that is very nice of you Shelly!  Just remember whatever you bring ESPECIALLY ice pops which can make a mess needs to be cleaned up.  I am looking at ALL of cast when I put this up here.  Remember it is up to YOU to throw out YOUR garbage:)This has been a public service announcement.To OP - Looks like the needs have been well covered.  Just don't forget to bring socks!

Alanna
    Participant

Addition to my own comments – pajamas means pajamas, not 'taking your pants off and hanging around in your boxers.' I have seen more of certain boys than I want to when they do this.This has been my random PSA of the day.

AedanThull
    Participant

You should bring some socks.

Stone
    Participant

Funny part is people keep saying socks again and again but the truth is DO bring extra pairs of socks, maybe some plastic bags to put your feet.  It does r*** sometimes and NOTHING sucks more than spending 2 days with soggy socks in wet shoes.

Sarineo
    Keymaster

Did you think we were kidding about the socks? Bring every sock you own.

Shago Book
    Participant

Funny part is people keep saying socks again and again but the truth is DO bring extra pairs of socks, maybe some plastic bags to put your feet.  It does RAIN sometimes and NOTHING sucks more than spending 2 days with soggy socks in wet shoes.

And it will rain.So use this formula: think about the number of socks you were going to bring before reading this post, and multiply it by seven.  You'll probably only be a few pairs short at that point.

Rob Dixon
    Participant
    Aaron R
    Participant
Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.