Monthly Archives: January 2018
Realms of Adventure Winter Awards Dinner 2018!
Palmer’s American Grille
123 Fulton Street
Farmingdale, NY 11735
Saturday, January 27th
7:30pm – 11:00pm
If you want to come to the dinner, YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER! You CANNOT pay at the door because we have to give a head-count to the restaurant.
***** PRE-REG DEADLINE: Sunday, January 21, 2018, 8:00pm *****
Preregistration link: https://realmsofadventure.net/event-info/event-registration/
In the notes field, please make sure that you write in the name(s) of who the pre-reg is for. That way our attendance list will be accurate. Thanks!
< < < Event Details > > >
The venue this year is Palmer’s American Grille.
The cost for the dinner is $60 per person (menu is posted below). It is a delicious hot buffet in a private room. Anyone is welcome to come – players, friends, cast, staff, family, and loved ones. This is a great time to bring someone who is thinking about coming to game so they can meet our Family in a fun and social Out of Game setting!
Each person that currently attends or any person that is planning to attend a future game will get 4 character points and 7 tickets for the Door Prize Auction. Points and tickets will ONLY be given to current players and to new players who plan on attending in the upcoming season.
We do not have a dress code, but we ask that you please dress respectably and be mindful of other patrons. Dress pants or skirts, nice jeans, dresses, and even ties are all acceptable. (This is an Out of Game event so please do not wear your costume.)
Since this is an official RoA event, if you attend you will receive 4 Character Points! These points are non-transferable and will ONLY be given to current players and to new players who plan on attending in the upcoming season. Normally a new player starts the game with 55 (or 60 with a background) Character Points but if you attend the dinner, you will have 59 (or 64) Character Points to spend!
This is our Annual Awards Dinner and that means awards! Each award won is worth 2 Character Points! Two types of awards will be given out:
1) The first group of awards are those voted on by you, our dedicated players (instructions on voting will be posted soon). Please follow these instructions as any votes that do not follow the rules will not be counted. You can only vote ONCE. Only people who have attended RoA can vote in the provided categories.
2) The second group of awards is granted by cast and staff to those players who have done memorable things over the past season. These are things that even the player who receives the award might not even realize made such an impact. You never know what we’ll come up with!
< < < Auctions > > >
Here’s how they work. There will be a number of In Game items up for auction. Staff will present and read a description of each item in the auctions. After they are done, the items and a printed description will be placed in front of their own ticket containers. Separate your tickets and hold onto the ones that say “KEEP THIS COUPON.” You can place the ones that say “TICKET” into any bowl or bowls that you want. The tickets will be shuffled and one drawn at random. If your ticket number is called, you win! Specific details follow for each auction. The Premium auction has cards that can be purchased.
Door Prize Auction
Open to all, there will be a number of In Game items up for auction. These could include scrolls, powerful potions, magic items, and even a mystery bundle!
The 7 tickets for the Door prize Auction will ONLY be given to current players or those who are planning to attend RoA in the upcoming season. You place as many tickets as you want into each container, but you can only win ONE item from this auction. If you win more than one item, you can pick which one you would like to keep and another ticket will be drawn for the other.
Gift of Elantrai Auction
This auction is ONLY open to players and upcoming players who have NO magic items. This is specific to the PLAYER, not if you have an Alt Character without any magic items. Each entrant will receive one ticket to be used in this special auction.
The Elantrai Auction drawing shall take place before the other auctions, so anyone walking into the dinner without a magic item shall be eligible for the Elantrai Auction.
Premium Auction (Spending Limit of $200)
This auction is completely optional. Unlike the Door Prize auction, you can win up to two items in this auction. Tickets will be available for purchase at the dinner. Tickets are not very expensive so everyone has a chance to participate. The details of the Premium items will be revealed before tickets are sold so everyone can think about what items they might want to try for. The items in this auction are considered rare and exceptional and even include a magic weapon!
If you can’t make it to the dinner but still want to participate in the Premium Auction, you can make arrangements with someone else to purchase tickets on your behalf and participate for you. Do not ask Cast or Staff members to do so.
< < < Menu > > >
* Dinner Rolls, Assorted Breads, and Butter
* Caesar Salad
* Roasted New Potatoes
* Seasonal Mixed Vegetables
* Filet Mignon tips sauteed with Wild Mushrooms
* Penne Ala Vodka
* Chicken Francais
* Grilled Honey Herb Atlantic Salmon
* Unlimited Soda, Juice, Coffee, Tea
* Dessert: Yellow cake with Buttercream Frosting, filled with 1/2 vanilla pudding, 1/2 cannoli cream
< < < Important Note > > >
Since this is an official RoA function, all are expected to follow our usual policies, especially those concerning drugs. Those who break this policy by bringing or using illegal drugs (or misusing legal ones) on the premises, parking lot, or any nearby areas will face serious consequences. We ask that you please keep this in mind so everyone can enjoy themselves.
< < < If you pay for the dinner, EVEN IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND > > >
If you plan to do this, you MUST LET US KNOW when pre-regging for the dinner. Put “NO DINNER” in the box after your name on the pre-reg link. We need to give the restaurant an accurate headcount. (Example: Hayley Princeton – NO DINNER)
You will receive the following:
• 4 Character Points
• 7 Tickets for the Door Prize Auction
• 3 Tickets for the Elantrai Auction (If eligible for this Auction)
• Ability to participate in the Premium Auction (Ticket prices are $5 for 3 Tickets.)
You must make arrangements with a player (not Cast or Staff members) to distribute your tickets in the auctions. You must inform BOTH Ryan and Dave R who has been designated.
If you do NOT pay for the dinner, but still want to participate in the Premium Auction, you can make arrangements with someone else to purchase tickets on your behalf and participate for you. Do not ask Cast or Staff members to do so. You must inform BOTH Ryan and Dave R who has been designated.
As said above, the Elantrai Auction drawing shall take place before the other auctions, so anyone walking into the dinner without a magic item shall be eligible for the Elantrai Auction.
< < < Premium Auction Stretch Goals > > >
Based on player feedback, we agreed that all those who put into the Premium Auction deserve something, even if they don’t end up winning an item directly. After all, everything you put into that auction goes to making the game as a whole better. It is with that in mind that we are pleased to introduce the following new system:
ALL players that put in at least $5 into the Premium Auction shall receive an amount of character points based upon goals that we’re going to set for the total. (NOTE: This includes players that haven’t pre-regged/aren’t able to attend, as long as they are able to find someone to handle their tickets and money.)
In the end, we will be awarding *1-4 character points* based on internal goals that we have set.
The points above are considered ACTIVE (the same category as the points gained from the dinner). So, you may spend them without worry on your next update. Should you not spend them, they will be banked.
We look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones!
It’s time to vote for the recipients of the 2017 Season Awards, to be unveiled at the 2018 Winter Awards Dinner celebration!
Lets get those votes in! Remember, these categories are decided by YOU, the RoA community. As we have seen in the past, EVERY vote counts!
***** Official polling will end Friday, January 19th, 2018 at 11:59pm. *****
* PLEASE FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS *
- You may only select ONE person for each category so select the person you feel fits best. If you select more than one person your vote will not count for that category.
- You can vote for yourself.
- You may vote for the same person in more than one category, such as “Best Roleplayer” and “Best Costume.”
- ALL PCs, NPCs, AND STAFF may vote.
- Each person only gets to vote once.
- You must select your choices from PLAYERS who attended this season. List provided below. (If there are any errors or we forgot someone, please let us know.)
- Once submitted you may not change your vote.
- This is for PLAYER RECIPIENTS ONLY.
- Use the Voting Submission Form below.
• Categories •
1) Rookie of the Year – This award goes to the best overall new player for the year. This should be the person you think really made a positive impact on the game in their first year. This award is open only to players who started at RoA in the 2017 season (newbies are denoted in Green Text in the list below).
2) Best Racial Portrayal (Pixie, Kelonian, Elf, Dwarf, Barbarian, Gypsy etc.) – Person who best portrays the race/culture their character is supposed to be from. This can be any human culture or other race.
3) Best Costume – Person who has the best overall costume.
4) Best Hero – Person who you feel is the best personification of a hero. Note that this can be anyone YOU feel this way about. If you feel that a person who most people think is evil was the most heroic, then put his/her name down!
5) Best Villain – Person who you feel is the best personification of a villain. Note that this can be anyone YOU feel this way about. If you feel that a person who most people think is a good guy was the most villainous, then put his/her name down!
6) Best Role Player (Male) – Male who was the best overall roleplayer.
7) Best Role Player (Female) – Female who was the best overall roleplayer.
8) Best Portrayal of Faith – The person who you feel most accurately portrayed and adhered to the tenants and beliefs of an in-game church. NOTE: This is not meant to be a “Best Cleric” award. Remember, though the overwhelming majority of Adraveth’s denizens are unable to channel divine magic, many are still deeply religious and choose to live their lives in accordance with the teachings of one of the world’s many faiths.
• Regarding “Campaigning” •
The act of “campaigning” for oneself or others (even if the disclaimer “not intended to sway the voting” or anything similar is added) has caused issues and controversy in the past so we ask that people avoid doing so. The awards are not meant to be a popularity contest or a political race, so please just vote for who YOU feel is a good candidate for an award. The awards is a happy and fun part of the end of one year and beginning of a new one. Let’s keep it that way and drama free! Further posts of that type will be removed.
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.
2017 Player Roster
(new players listed in green)
|Last Name||First Name||Character Name (Main)||Alt|
|Cruz||Stefanie||Theone Lighthart||Nyxalura Everdark|
|Fletcher||Jillian||Sezja Bijou||Gerdur Goldenaxe|
|Hahn||Josh||Tacitus Of Anglesey|
|Leach||Dave||Knutr of Anglesey|
|Linz||Phil||Captain Rhaz||Malachi Krylo|
|Luttinger||Ryan||Rory Pangur Ban|
|Molina||Thomas||Zodimar S Qudjkx|
|Rogers||William||Snogard Lamienas Zahhak|
|Sideris||Alex||William of the North|
|Suri||Matthew||Makyalo White Feather|
|Suri- Finn||Kris||Agu Nazari|
|Taylor||Katherine||Caillean Mac Aodha||Lavender la Chanteuse|
|Valverde||Michael||Raphael De La Rosa Espina||Diego|
|Wallace||Stephen||Negocoutle Ujarak “Stone”|
• Submit Your Vote! •
– Please look over the categories and vote ONCE for each.
– If you do not want to vote for a particular category, just place an “x” in the field.
– Be sure to read the descriptions so you understand what each award is!