Necklace of Tiplak’s Folly
Several tribes in the north tell a story about a very strong, very prideful tribesman named Tiplak. He would often claim that he was the strongest man in all of the lands and that none could match him. He was always of course, cautious to tell others when he bragged aloud that he could never match the strength of the spirits. In his head, always to himself, he believed that he WAS stronger than even the spirits themselves. Smarter, too, he reckoned.
Tiplak’s strength was used for good at first. He used it to fight off several invading tribes to his own tribes’ lands and even invading outsiders. When the battles had long since ended, and Tiplak’s hands grew idle, his greed and pride would get the better of him.
Tiplak would often travel far from his home village, during hunts or while scouting, and would run into other tribes in distant areas. While Tiplak was incredibly strong, strangely, he didn’t look as though he’d be. He had the same stature as an average tribesman. Tiplak decided he’d make a sport out of tricking strong men into wagers they could not win. Strong men tend to have much pride and were easy marks for his schemes. He would win valuable gems and goods for his trickery, and would sometimes take coin as well. Always secretly, he knew he was smart enough to trick even the spirits.
For about three years, Tiplak roamed the lands, tricking those he came across, until one day he came upon two strangers upon a trail in the forest. A short, stocky looking man carrying a spear and a beautiful, lithe woman with golden eyes with a small dagger at her side. She carried a large pouch on her belt that jingled quietly as she walked.
Tiplak considered himself considered himself quite friendly and charming, so he introduced himself. The strangers responded in kind, the man smiling wide and the woman avoiding Tiplak’s gaze, as though shy. Eyeing the man’s spear, Tiplak decided then that he would challenge the man to a test of strength.
Tiplak challenged the man, but he declined, saying he wasn’t nearly as strong as Tiplak, but that his traveling companion was. Tiplak laughed at first, along with the man and woman. His mirth turned to anger when he realized they were laughing AT him, not with him. In anger, he said that he would challenge her then, and he would wager the most valuable things he possessed against the single most valuable thing they possessed. THAT is how confident he was.
The man grinned wide, and produced a gold necklace seemingly from the air. He said that it was the most valuable thing they had with them. Tiplak said he had much of value, but it wouldn’t matter because he would be the victor.
Tiplak drew his axes and put a bit of distance between him and the woman. She offered for him to call for the start when ready. He called for the fight to start.
She moved faster than the eye could see. A flurry of unarmed strikes battered his body, and he went down, dropping his weapons. Tiplak saw red. He lunged for her, his hands finding her small frame and bringing her to the ground. Almost effortlessly, she rolled him over and pinned him down. He struggled, screaming, but she was the stronger. Eventually, he yielded.
The man never stopped smiling the entire time. After he got up and dusted himself off, Tiplak began to rummage through his things. The man told him to close his pack. With a terrible start, he saw the man’s pupils had become slits. His body froze in place, and the woman began to laugh.
The man strode close to Tiplak, holding the necklace before him. Tiplak felt his strength being drained from him, leaving him and going to the necklace. The woman’s laugh began to change. It became an inhuman, animalistic cackle. When his strength was drained, and the man close to him the man leaned in and said the following,
“THIS is the price of pride, boy. Never believe you are greater than the spirits.”
As he spoke, he saw the man’s tongue was forked. Tiplak blacked out and awoke sometime later. His strength had been taken and he was as weak as a child. Tiplak disappeared into the wilderness, abandoning his tribe, and was never heard from again.
This item grants the following abilities:
- 2x Pin Weapon per period.
- 2x Pin Shield per period.
- 2x “I draw you towards him/her/them 10 seconds.” (You must point to secondary targets)
- 1 Arc Knockback 10 feet.
- Note: All skills are usable with any weapon, but keep in mind weapon length determines arc striking range.
- This item is soulbound.
Ring of Success
There was once a young woman named Atoria Vonones who lived in Solinaria city. She was a middling craftswoman, but nothing quite set her apart from her peers. She was also skilled in the scholarly arts and thought she could bring that knowledge to bear to assist in her own crafting.
Atoria closed her failing business temporarily and set to the library in Solinaria City. She sought hidden ways and means of crafting more effectively.
She spent months searching as she spent what little she saved up for this endeavor. She came across some strange tomes during her search, but none of them contained what she was looking for. For some reason, she thought she had a lead at one point, but couldn’t remember the particulars. She chalked it up to exhaustion.
Ultimately, as the last of her saved coin was spent, she realized she had failed. Tomorrow she would have to reopen her failing shop and hope she didn’t lose everything. She cried herself to sleep in her bed above her shop, wishing there was something she could do to get ahead of the competition.
When she awoke she found this ring on her nightstand. She wasn’t sure where it had come from, but she thought it was pretty and put it on. A flash of insight came over her. She knew what she could do to make things work out better!
She figured out more efficient ways to craft the goods she had been making, churning out items faster than any of her competition could.
The ore she would receive from the mines used to be of sub-par quality and would require much working before it could be made into usable ingots. Somehow, with her newfound luck, the ore she received came in almost already refined! She was even able to use some of it in its near-raw form in place of worked ingots.
Her customers commented that her crafted goods seem to last longer and provide greater protections than other merchants, and so business began to improve. Life was going well. She kept thinking back to the library though, and the books she had looked at. There was some part of her that remembered a particularly strange tome… But as quickly as the thought bubbled to the surface, something would distract her and it’d return firmly to the back of her mind.
For the next 9 years, Atoria’s business boomed. She made many connections and friends all over Solinaria.
On the morning of the 10th year after discovering the ring that she had grown to love, Atoria simply vanished. All of her clothes and possessions were left in place, and nothing seemed to have been packed for a journey. Foul play was not suspected since Atoria didn’t have any specific enemies or rivals, but nobody ever found where Atoria had gone. Eventually, her business and belongings were sold, including this ring, which was found sitting on her nightstand.
This item grants the following abilities:
- -1 Minute to crafting attempts
- 2x per crafting period, you may substitute any 1 ore (up to tier 3) for its ingot version in a recipe.
- 1x Extend any “until end of the event” crafting buff to last until the end of the following event. (So if it grants 2 disables, and you do not use either disable, you will still have them usable the following event.) per event.
- 1x “I grant you/myself the ability to reactively become immune to physical attacks for 10 minutes while crafting once. if you/I attack the shield dissipates.” per period.
- This item is soulbound.
Scarab of Consequence
There was once a Nikklari named Grek. Grek wasn’t the smartest Nikklari in the Empire, but he was pretty charming. He lived in the greatest cave in The Hollows, which was filled with many Nikklari families and homes. It was essentially a small city. Grek was different from other Nikklari. He coveted all manner of small trinkets and jewelry. Many Nikklari are content with what they already have, or only look for what they need to live, but there are some like Grek that always look for more.
It was on a summer day when Grek chanced to travel to the marketplace, to see if he could find anything delightful to take home with him. He chanced upon a golden scarab charm with a small gem embedded in it. Immediately he knew it was shiny enough that he must have it.
Grek was caught trying to steal the item. It was not the first time Grek was caught. A new Nikklari threw the book at Grek in an attempt to make a name for themselves as taking a strong stance against theft, and Grek quickly found himself exiled from his home.
Grek was heartbroken, and would wander the lands to the west of the Nikklari empire, eventually heading south and settling in Manasarwati. Grek enjoyed the materialistic nature of many of the people there, and eventually, he met another Nikklari wandering the Manasarwati lands. They would fall deeply in love, and find themselves married. Grek would find work as a successful merchant.
One day, while in the marketplace, Grek was stunned to find the very same charm he’d tried to steal for sale by a neighboring merchant. Grek thought of how much his life had changed because of this charm. He bought it immediately, and brought it home. Grek would keep the charm the rest of his days as a reminder of where he had come from. Eventually, Grek gave the item to a trusted apprentice, so that it might bring them luck.
This item grants the following abilities:
- 2x Force Blade per period. (“I engulf this weapon in magical force 1 minute.”)
- 2x Force Blast per period. (“Force Blast, damage 5.”)
- 1x Resist Silence per period.
- Additionally, If you are a caster with a 5 damage spell or higher, the force blast becomes 2x Force Lance per period. (“Force Lance, damage 15.”)
- This item is soulbound.
Ebony Ring of Shifting Realities
One morning you awoke to find this ring among your possessions. Upon examination of the ring, you seem to have conflicting memories of how you gained it. It is undoubtedly magical, but every time you sit to think about it, how you acquired the ring seems to change.
You have a memory of winning the ring during a particularly high-stakes game of Liar’s dice. You angered its previous owner quite a bit: a woman named Myra. She claimed you cheated. As you think about it, she might be right.
You have a memory of finding the ring on a chain around a hobgoblin’s neck. It was a hard fight, but the creature fell to your efforts and those of your companions.
You have a memory of receiving the ring from a dear friend on their deathbed, after becoming afflicted with a terrible illness. You cry as you feel the pain of the loss of a loved one.
You recall always having the item. It was a gift from your parents.
You remember ice running through your veins as the Censharu murdered those around you. Kavarek was winning the war, and there was nothing you could do to stop it. You clutch your lucky ring tightly.
The shifting realities have done something to this ring. Has is been dislodged from its home reality? For reasons unknown to you, it has found a home with you.
This item grants the following abilities:
- 2x Reactive Knockback 10 feet per period.
- 2x Disable per period.
- 2x Disarm per period.
- Additionally, if you have at least 2 purchases of Disable, the Disable is upgraded to 2x Break Limb per period. if you have at least 2 purchases of Disarm, the Disarm is upgraded to 2x Shatter Weapon per period.
- This item is soulbound.
Welcome to the 3rd Year of our yearly summer promotion hereby known as the:
“We Couldn’t Agree on a Title Summer Promotion”
– or WCATSP for short. (“Wuh-CATS-puh”)
This special promotion celebrates our 16th season of RoA.
This promotion lasts JULY – AUGUST – 2018
*New Player Weekends*
- Any new player to RoA will be admitted at half price – $10.
- All new players will receive an “Adventurer’s Starter” package. This will include several useful potions and sundries to help get them started!
- All character point recruitment awards will be DOUBLED for new players recruited.
- 2 character points will be added to your bank immediately following the event in question.
- After someone you refer has attended 3 games, an additional 2 character points will be added to your bank immediately following the event in question and that person will be counted towards your lifetime recruitment total.
- If you bring a NEW cast member as either a temp cast with the intention of going player later OR with the intent on possibly becoming full cast, you will get 2 character points per cast member you bring. They must cast the whole weekend for this to count.
*Benefits for ALL players, new and old!*
- Buy 2 get 2 free CP!
- If you buy 2 buy in points for any of the 2 “We Couldn’t Agree on a Title Summer Promotion,” you will get 2 extra, free points that can be used rules free. You may do this for each event you attend. (This will become effective from the points usable in the July-August Update.)
- Each of the (2) “We Couldn’t Agree on a Title Summer Promotion” events we will raffle off 2 item. We will try to post what the items will be in advance of the event. Every player who attends as either player OR temp cast will get a single entry into the raffle for the items. This will be drawn at game off and given to the winner. In the case of magic items, these will be pre-attuned and can be used at the following event.
- For each event you attend during the WCATSP promotion you will earn WCATSP Points. You shall earn 5 WCATSP Points for each WCATSP event you attend.
- If you are unable to attend a Realms of Adventure Event in person, you WILL be eligible for the WCATSP Points if you purchase 3 points under the Missed Events Program.
If you have questions not covered, please send them to email@example.com and we will answer them as quick as possible. We look forward to seeing you all at game!
NOTE: If you already submitted your update for the July 2018 event, and you bought buy-in points already, the extra 2 points will be added on your sheet as “Rules-free” points usable for your next update.
Download the 2018 WCATSP Rewards Sheet here!
Patch Notes 2/28/18:
Popper Traps will now break the limb that steps on it in addition to dealing the standard 3 damage.
The recipe to create popper traps has not changed in component cost or tier at this time.
Patch Notes 2/18/18
Removed Blade Poison, Contact Poison, and Oral Poison from the list of available starting poisons for poisoncraft.
Added Itching Powder, Blindness Blade Poison, Pain Blade Poison, Weakness Blade Poison, and Feeblemind Blade Poison to the list of available starting poisons for poisoncraft.
Added time requirement for potions, gels, and compounds – 10 minutes base, can never be lowered below 1 minute per item craft.
Note: Poisoncraft has gotten an overhaul, and costs have been altered. The poisoncraft point costs for the above added recipes may be lower than what they used to be. Since it is nearing the event, if this is the case you are still considered to have the same number of poisoncraft points, but just fewer of them are being used on your current recipes which will allow you to learn more recipes if able. If you wish to redistribute the extra points after the event (in the case of wanting ONLY the poisons you have and no plans to learn any further), then please email Dave R AFTER the event happens to redistribute any of those specific points.
Regardless, if you currently have poisoncraft and more than 5 recipes, you will likely have cost reductions. If you have any specific questions, feel free to message Dave R, or if comfortable message myself, and we’ll let you know if a recipe has been reduced in cost.
Itching Powder (and later on a few other recipes) is on BOTH the alchemy list and the poisoncraft list. If you have it for one, you DO NOT need to learn it for the other, as the tier, cost, and materials are the same.
Patch Notes 2/12/18
– Sweep for the Earth school reduced from 2 mana to 1 mana
– Arcane Armor, Lesser and Arcane Vigor, Lesser for the Enchantment school both reduced from 2 mana to 1 mana
– Fortify Armor for the Enchantment school reduced from 3 mana to 2 mana
A great creature whose skin seemed to be made of polished mirror burst from the confines of the ancient ruins within which it was found. It attacked the people of New Calendale, reflecting and redirecting their most powerful spells and abilities as they attempted to take it down. Ultimately, however, the people of New Calendale were victorious.
With the destruction of the creature with the mirrored visage, a great burst of magical energy streaked across the field in front of The Scroll and Dragon. After the deafening explosion, not a single trace of the being was left. The explosion was heard and felt for miles around. All of the constructs that had been fighting alongside it ground to a halt and disintegrated.
Hours after The Mirror was destroyed, an order was posted by Baron Fontaine to immediately cease any and all excavation or exploration of the ruins until after the incident could be investigated.
The Scarlet and Emerald Scarves have reportedly been called in to determine the implications of the situation, and rumors of the “Artaani Prison” from which the creature escaped from have already begun to circulate among the general populace.
Thus far, no after effects of the magical explosion have been observed.
King Leopold has decreed that effective immediately, the Laws of the Twin Kingdoms shall read as follows:
(This document shall supersede any prior similar document.) 18th Day of the Love Moon, 1118
Laws of the Land
The peoples of Adraveth are as varied as its climate, and in different lands the rules and customs of society can be vastly different. Laws vary from place to place to suit the needs and ideals of the people they serve. For example slavery is highly illegal in the Twin Kingdoms and Agoria whereas it is a perfectly accepted practice throughout Solinaria and Al’Hazir. It is wise for travelers to be aware of local laws and customs before venturing into new territory because not every culture is forgiving of transgressions. The laws of the Twin Kingdoms are listed below. Bear in mind that while it is fairly progressive, the Twin Kingdoms is still a feudal monarchy. Ideas like democracy, freedom of speech, and civil rights are practiced on a limited scale. While the Twin Kingdoms has the reputation for fair, wise and benevolent rule, ultimately the crown and the nobility has the right to use the laws as they see fit including but not limited to not being bound to them. If a starting character were from the Twin Kingdoms they would have a good idea of these laws, whereas if they were from a different culture they would need to learn these things in game.
Laws of the Twin Kingdoms, under the rule of the good King Leopold Damasque, effective on the 1st day of the Love Moon, 1118
Since these laws are standardized throughout the Twin Kingdoms, there will undoubtedly be local variations as decreed by the reigning noble. In areas where a judge or adjudicator is assigned, all incidents of crime or lawlessness may be brought before them, and escalated to the Magistrate should the need arise.
- No common person within The Twin Kingdoms shall enter the private home of another without permission of the owner.
- A common person within The Twin Kingdoms may not steal, damage, or destroy, the possessions, goods or money of another person.
- A common person of The Twin Kingdoms may not strike or assault another law-abiding person with any part of their person (i.e. fist, foot etc.) or a weapon, or a spell, with the exception of circumstances of self-defense. Any assault or attempted assault is a crime to be brought before the judge, adjudicator or local Magistrate. Situations of self-defense will be judged according to the amount of force used and the appropriateness of that force.
- Similarly, for a commoner, murder is illegal. Murder is defined as actions or deliberate negligence resulting in the death of another person, without justification or excuse. Causing the death of another will be judged according to the situation, justification and the appropriateness of that action.
- Duels and honor combats are permitted in the Twin Kingdoms under certain circumstances. Both parties must be willing, and the rules of said combat must be clearly defined and abided by. Only a local noble, ranked Knight or higher, or the local Magistrate, Judge, or Bailiff may grant permission for the combat and a witness of that noble or town official must be present.
- Slavery is illegal. No citizen or foreign resident of The Twin Kingdoms may keep slaves or enforce slavery. Slavery is the uncompensated and unwilling servitude of one individual to another. Indentured servitude is legal when there is reasonable compensation, willingness, and agreement of both parties, and the servitor is considered to be of sound mind and capable of making informed decisions. The only exception to the above are temporary leaves granted by a noble of the rank of Marquis or Higher, and only as a temporary measure that may not be extended indefinitely.
- A common person within The Twin Kingdoms may not imprison, capture or enslave another person against their will or in return for a ransom. This is considered kidnapping and will be regarded similarly to slavery. The only time a citizen may hold another against their will is in the case of detaining a criminal until such time as the proper authorities may take over.
- A common person within The Twin Kingdoms may not employ torture on any creature. Only appointed representatives of The Twin Kingdoms including guards of rank Corporal or higher, Senior Scarlet Scarves and above, or licensed individuals may employ the arts of torture and only then in the function of official Twin Kingdoms business.
- The use and possession of any lethal poisons and venoms are strictly forbidden, with exception of certain spells. Poisons of a non-lethal nature including but not limited to those which induce sleep or temporary paralysis are legal.
- A common person within The Twin Kingdoms may not cast any magic, sorcery, or divine prayer upon another person without their consent. Infractions of this sort will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
- All mages must be licensed within the Twin Kingdoms in order to cast. However a master mage within the guild may take responsibility for a novice student for a short while until they are able to attend a formal Mages’ Guild meeting to become licensed. During this interim time, the novice student may be taught. These temporary allowances shall be granted to an individual for no more than three days time at maximum, once, ever. (Though the master in question may grant this allowance to different individuals within the same year, an individual may only be allowed to benefit from this benefit under a non-scarlet-scarf-master only once) Scarlet scarves may grant this allowance at their discretion in 3 day increments. The same individual may not benefit from this allowance more than 2 instances per year. Those without license may also seek permission to cast solely in the defense of themselves and others, however abuse of this to circumvent licensure will result in severe prosecution. Any of the permissions granted above become the immediate responsibility of the granting mage to directly inform the local guild scribe, who shall be responsible for keeping a record of these permissions and exceptions that shall be available for inspection by Scarlet Scarves, Headmaster of the Local Mages Guild, or Judge. Addendum: By Noble Decree, Rune Mages shall require licensure in order to cast spells. All Shavali shall require licensure via the Mages’ Guild in order to cast spells as well.
- The unlicensed use, practice or teaching of Necromancy is illegal. Further, no individual shall teach Necromancy to any other individual without express written prior consent of a duly appointed representative of EACH of the following: Magister of Emerald OR Scarlet Scarves (local or otherwise), Noble of Marquis or Higher. Recommendation from Local Headmaster of Mages’ Guild -OR- Town Magistrate. If any of the above requirements cannot be met, an individual may plead their case before a Mages’ Guild Tribunal, this may only occur in lieu of one of the above.
- Persons may not worship, preach or call forth spells of infernal beings. The summoning of infernal forces or the willing casting of infernal rites are illegal activities in The Twin Kingdoms. Similarly consorting with infernal beings is illegal. Consorting with infernal beings is only legal during the day and night surrounding Realms Night. During the aforementioned time, casting infernal spells or performing infernal rites remain illegal.
- If the legality of a particular type of magic being cast or observed is in question, it is the responsibility of the individual witnessing or casting this magic to seek out either a Scarlet Scarf or Headmaster of the Local Mages’ Guild to make the determination. If an immediate determination cannot be made, it is the responsibility of the Scarlet Scarf or Headmaster in question to seek out an official internal ruling from the Mages’ Guild.
- Lying in any official capacity is highly illegal. This includes but is not limited to lying while testifying in court or being questioned by a guardsman or noble. This also includes the misrepresentation of oneself as something they are not, be it noble, guardsman, or any other official duly appointed by the government of the Twin Kingdoms.
- Forgery and counterfeiting are highly illegal. This includes documentation, goods, materials or valuables.
- All persons must fully cooperate and assist any representative of the Royal Guard, as well as any noble when legally requested.
- All persons, regardless of citizenship, are expected to pay taxes and tithes to the local government according to present needs upon demand. If a person is unable to pay the taxes they should report this to the local magistrate who will try to resolve the matter. Intentional tax evasion will be punished harshly.
- All persons, citizen or otherwise, are obliged to assist in the defense and protection of the Kingdom, in whatever manner they are able and with whatever resources they have. During wartime or in situations of emergency as deemed by the local baron or magistrate or guard of sergeant rank or higher, a person may be conscripted to provide for the defense of the Kingdom.
- Any of the above crimes are punishable not only if committed, but conspiracy to commit a crime, or aiding and abetting another to commit a crime or concealing the truth, nature or existence of a crime is similarly illegal, and can be deemed treasonous if the crime is one against the state.
- Non-citizens and foreign residents of The Twin Kingdoms are still bound by these laws.
- Citizenship allows one to represent themselves before a judge or court. If a non-citizen or foreign resident of The Twin Kingdoms is accused of breaking a law, they must find a citizen to represent them and speak on their behalf.
- Lastly, be it known that ignorance of the laws on any grounds, is not an excuse for breaking them. In the event you cannot read or interpret the laws, you may seek out a judge or Magistrate to explain them to you.
This season we will be running a new type of mod called “Hunts”. These mods will feature both variants to current monsters and completely unique monsters not previously seen before in game and will be listed on the town message boards as “open contracts”. “Open Contracts” can be completed by anyone and require no special circumstances other than defeating and looting the Hunt. The “Open Contracts” will ist everything you need to know about the hunt; Its difficulty (1 to 5 stars), what it is, where it is, as well as the REWARDS you will receive for turning in what you loot from it.
Things to note:
-A hunt will spawn in a specific location, treat it as its territory and are meant to be challenging fights(don’t try to be a solo player for these).
-Under no circumstances will the hunt leave its territory, not even to pursue people who have attacked it.
-Hunts will have multiple times listed, this is intentional. Hunts WILL spawn multiple times per event at/or around the listed times. Once they do spawn they will be available for 1 hour and then will move on.
-Everyone who participates in taking down a hunt is eligible to loot the hunt (even if you are a scholar observing the fight and taking notes you’re still eligible) .
-The hunt will not be carrying any kind of loot other than “Trophies”. Every individual who participates in taking down the hunt will receive one trophy card chosen at random when they loot the hunt. Please note, taking down the hunt does not give you a trophy UNLESS you actually loot the hunt.
-Trophy cards will be of a common, uncommon and rare variety and the “open contracts” will usually, but not always, list what each is worth. 1 star trophies are common and 5 star are rarest.
-After a hunt there will be NPCs out buying the trophies (current plan is to send them out during dinner). The trophies have no other use other than to be bought.
-You can take a monster down with both brute force and strategy (the loot won’t be affected by either path )
The End of the Great Fae War
Rain fell around the New Calendale residents as they pleaded for the lives of all of the Fae across the entirety of Adraveth. Soaked and shivering, several lent their voices to support the right of the Fae to exist. The last Sylph, though righteous in his anger, listened to all for and against the Fae.
The Sylph thought long and hard as those around him spoke or remained silent. Eventually he made a decision: the balance of power would be restored to the Fae of both light and dark, and the war would cease. The Fae would be given one last chance.
Given clarity by what was the equivalent of a god themselves coming to them and telling them to stop, the fighting nearly stopped overnight. (In addition to the fact that superior innate strength was no longer an advantage that the Dark Fae held.). In addition, Trolls seemed to have the curse over their forms lifted.
Since then, nearly all Fae have retreated to the Fae Realm to rebuild their homes and realm. Some are still remaining in Adraveth, having built lives or made friends there. The future is unknown, but one thing is certain: The horrors of the Fae War seem to have finally come to an end.
State of Adraveth as of The Love Moon, 1118
The Winter has been a bitter cold one so far, and as the year turned, the Oracle named it “The Year of the Prism.” Many have begun to speculate upon just what this might mean.
In the northern wastes, the elemental city of Straloset has been housing and taking in those northern tribes that were displaced during the city’s arrival. Were it not for the efforts and advice of several tribesmen hailing from the New Calendale area that Straloset delegates met with (and the subsequent spreading of the message to their kin), many would have frozen to death without proper shelter over the winter.
The Shavali within the city of Straloset have ceased any and all fighting with the tribesmen, although the tribesmen still look upon them with anger.
The sickness that was spreading virulently when the city first arrived seems to have stopped its spread. Those who weren’t killed by the sickness ended up with odd quirks and symptoms of their infection. Unfortunately, no cure has been found to remove their strange symptoms, although the Church of Attalia and The Scarlet Scarves are investigating the situation in earnest.
Larigmoore continues to heal its wounds after the war. Solinaria has proven to be earnest in its promise to assist in the healing and rebuilding process.
King Leopold’s physical condition has not improved. The rumors of the Leopold’s tendency to remain in the Dream Realm for extended periods of time has turned out to be true, and the newly established Order of the Sleepwalkers continues to guard his presence in the Dream Realm and this one. He has embraced the title that he’s heard others use when referring to him: “The Sleeping King.”
Realms of Adventure Winter Awards Dinner 2018!
Palmer’s American Grille
123 Fulton Street
Farmingdale, NY 11735
Saturday, January 27th
7:30pm – 11:00pm
If you want to come to the dinner, YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER! You CANNOT pay at the door because we have to give a head-count to the restaurant.
***** PRE-REG DEADLINE: Sunday, January 21, 2018, 8:00pm *****
Preregistration link: http://realmsofadventure.net/event-info/event-registration/
In the notes field, please make sure that you write in the name(s) of who the pre-reg is for. That way our attendance list will be accurate. Thanks!
< < < Event Details > > >
The venue this year is Palmer’s American Grille.
The cost for the dinner is $60 per person (menu is posted below). It is a delicious hot buffet in a private room. Anyone is welcome to come – players, friends, cast, staff, family, and loved ones. This is a great time to bring someone who is thinking about coming to game so they can meet our Family in a fun and social Out of Game setting!
Each person that currently attends or any person that is planning to attend a future game will get 4 character points and 7 tickets for the Door Prize Auction. Points and tickets will ONLY be given to current players and to new players who plan on attending in the upcoming season.
We do not have a dress code, but we ask that you please dress respectably and be mindful of other patrons. Dress pants or skirts, nice jeans, dresses, and even ties are all acceptable. (This is an Out of Game event so please do not wear your costume.)
Since this is an official RoA event, if you attend you will receive 4 Character Points! These points are non-transferable and will ONLY be given to current players and to new players who plan on attending in the upcoming season. Normally a new player starts the game with 55 (or 60 with a background) Character Points but if you attend the dinner, you will have 59 (or 64) Character Points to spend!
This is our Annual Awards Dinner and that means awards! Each award won is worth 2 Character Points! Two types of awards will be given out:
1) The first group of awards are those voted on by you, our dedicated players (instructions on voting will be posted soon). Please follow these instructions as any votes that do not follow the rules will not be counted. You can only vote ONCE. Only people who have attended RoA can vote in the provided categories.
2) The second group of awards is granted by cast and staff to those players who have done memorable things over the past season. These are things that even the player who receives the award might not even realize made such an impact. You never know what we’ll come up with!
< < < Auctions > > >
Here’s how they work. There will be a number of In Game items up for auction. Staff will present and read a description of each item in the auctions. After they are done, the items and a printed description will be placed in front of their own ticket containers. Separate your tickets and hold onto the ones that say “KEEP THIS COUPON.” You can place the ones that say “TICKET” into any bowl or bowls that you want. The tickets will be shuffled and one drawn at random. If your ticket number is called, you win! Specific details follow for each auction. The Premium auction has cards that can be purchased.
Door Prize Auction
Open to all, there will be a number of In Game items up for auction. These could include scrolls, powerful potions, magic items, and even a mystery bundle!
The 7 tickets for the Door prize Auction will ONLY be given to current players or those who are planning to attend RoA in the upcoming season. You place as many tickets as you want into each container, but you can only win ONE item from this auction. If you win more than one item, you can pick which one you would like to keep and another ticket will be drawn for the other.
Gift of Elantrai Auction
This auction is ONLY open to players and upcoming players who have NO magic items. This is specific to the PLAYER, not if you have an Alt Character without any magic items. Each entrant will receive one ticket to be used in this special auction.
The Elantrai Auction drawing shall take place before the other auctions, so anyone walking into the dinner without a magic item shall be eligible for the Elantrai Auction.
Premium Auction (Spending Limit of $200)
This auction is completely optional. Unlike the Door Prize auction, you can win up to two items in this auction. Tickets will be available for purchase at the dinner. Tickets are not very expensive so everyone has a chance to participate. The details of the Premium items will be revealed before tickets are sold so everyone can think about what items they might want to try for. The items in this auction are considered rare and exceptional and even include a magic weapon!
If you can’t make it to the dinner but still want to participate in the Premium Auction, you can make arrangements with someone else to purchase tickets on your behalf and participate for you. Do not ask Cast or Staff members to do so.
< < < Menu > > >
* Dinner Rolls, Assorted Breads, and Butter
* Caesar Salad
* Roasted New Potatoes
* Seasonal Mixed Vegetables
* Filet Mignon tips sauteed with Wild Mushrooms
* Penne Ala Vodka
* Chicken Francais
* Grilled Honey Herb Atlantic Salmon
* Unlimited Soda, Juice, Coffee, Tea
* Dessert: Yellow cake with Buttercream Frosting, filled with 1/2 vanilla pudding, 1/2 cannoli cream
< < < Important Note > > >
Since this is an official RoA function, all are expected to follow our usual policies, especially those concerning drugs. Those who break this policy by bringing or using illegal drugs (or misusing legal ones) on the premises, parking lot, or any nearby areas will face serious consequences. We ask that you please keep this in mind so everyone can enjoy themselves.
< < < If you pay for the dinner, EVEN IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND > > >
If you plan to do this, you MUST LET US KNOW when pre-regging for the dinner. Put “NO DINNER” in the box after your name on the pre-reg link. We need to give the restaurant an accurate headcount. (Example: Hayley Princeton – NO DINNER)
You will receive the following:
• 4 Character Points
• 7 Tickets for the Door Prize Auction
• 3 Tickets for the Elantrai Auction (If eligible for this Auction)
• Ability to participate in the Premium Auction (Ticket prices are $5 for 3 Tickets.)
You must make arrangements with a player (not Cast or Staff members) to distribute your tickets in the auctions. You must inform BOTH Ryan and Dave R who has been designated.
If you do NOT pay for the dinner, but still want to participate in the Premium Auction, you can make arrangements with someone else to purchase tickets on your behalf and participate for you. Do not ask Cast or Staff members to do so. You must inform BOTH Ryan and Dave R who has been designated.
As said above, the Elantrai Auction drawing shall take place before the other auctions, so anyone walking into the dinner without a magic item shall be eligible for the Elantrai Auction.
< < < Premium Auction Stretch Goals > > >
Based on player feedback, we agreed that all those who put into the Premium Auction deserve something, even if they don’t end up winning an item directly. After all, everything you put into that auction goes to making the game as a whole better. It is with that in mind that we are pleased to introduce the following new system:
ALL players that put in at least $5 into the Premium Auction shall receive an amount of character points based upon goals that we’re going to set for the total. (NOTE: This includes players that haven’t pre-regged/aren’t able to attend, as long as they are able to find someone to handle their tickets and money.)
In the end, we will be awarding *1-4 character points* based on internal goals that we have set.
The points above are considered ACTIVE (the same category as the points gained from the dinner). So, you may spend them without worry on your next update. Should you not spend them, they will be banked.
We look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones!
It’s time to vote for the recipients of the 2017 Season Awards, to be unveiled at the 2018 Winter Awards Dinner celebration!
Lets get those votes in! Remember, these categories are decided by YOU, the RoA community. As we have seen in the past, EVERY vote counts!
***** Official polling will end Friday, January 19th, 2018 at 11:59pm. *****
* PLEASE FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS *
- You may only select ONE person for each category so select the person you feel fits best. If you select more than one person your vote will not count for that category.
- You can vote for yourself.
- You may vote for the same person in more than one category, such as “Best Roleplayer” and “Best Costume.”
- ALL PCs, NPCs, AND STAFF may vote.
- Each person only gets to vote once.
- You must select your choices from PLAYERS who attended this season. List provided below. (If there are any errors or we forgot someone, please let us know.)
- Once submitted you may not change your vote.
- This is for PLAYER RECIPIENTS ONLY.
- Use the Voting Submission Form below.
• Categories •
1) Rookie of the Year – This award goes to the best overall new player for the year. This should be the person you think really made a positive impact on the game in their first year. This award is open only to players who started at RoA in the 2017 season (newbies are denoted in Green Text in the list below).
2) Best Racial Portrayal (Pixie, Kelonian, Elf, Dwarf, Barbarian, Gypsy etc.) – Person who best portrays the race/culture their character is supposed to be from. This can be any human culture or other race.
3) Best Costume – Person who has the best overall costume.
4) Best Hero – Person who you feel is the best personification of a hero. Note that this can be anyone YOU feel this way about. If you feel that a person who most people think is evil was the most heroic, then put his/her name down!
5) Best Villain – Person who you feel is the best personification of a villain. Note that this can be anyone YOU feel this way about. If you feel that a person who most people think is a good guy was the most villainous, then put his/her name down!
6) Best Role Player (Male) – Male who was the best overall roleplayer.
7) Best Role Player (Female) – Female who was the best overall roleplayer.
8) Best Portrayal of Faith – The person who you feel most accurately portrayed and adhered to the tenants and beliefs of an in-game church. NOTE: This is not meant to be a “Best Cleric” award. Remember, though the overwhelming majority of Adraveth’s denizens are unable to channel divine magic, many are still deeply religious and choose to live their lives in accordance with the teachings of one of the world’s many faiths.
• Regarding “Campaigning” •
The act of “campaigning” for oneself or others (even if the disclaimer “not intended to sway the voting” or anything similar is added) has caused issues and controversy in the past so we ask that people avoid doing so. The awards are not meant to be a popularity contest or a political race, so please just vote for who YOU feel is a good candidate for an award. The awards is a happy and fun part of the end of one year and beginning of a new one. Let’s keep it that way and drama free! Further posts of that type will be removed.
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.
2017 Player Roster
(new players listed in green)
|Last Name||First Name||Character Name (Main)||Alt|
|Cruz||Stefanie||Theone Lighthart||Nyxalura Everdark|
|Fletcher||Jillian||Sezja Bijou||Gerdur Goldenaxe|
|Hahn||Josh||Tacitus Of Anglesey|
|Leach||Dave||Knutr of Anglesey|
|Linz||Phil||Captain Rhaz||Malachi Krylo|
|Luttinger||Ryan||Rory Pangur Ban|
|Molina||Thomas||Zodimar S Qudjkx|
|Rogers||William||Snogard Lamienas Zahhak|
|Sideris||Alex||William of the North|
|Suri||Matthew||Makyalo White Feather|
|Suri- Finn||Kris||Agu Nazari|
|Taylor||Katherine||Caillean Mac Aodha||Lavender la Chanteuse|
|Valverde||Michael||Raphael De La Rosa Espina||Diego|
|Wallace||Stephen||Negocoutle Ujarak “Stone”|
• Submit Your Vote! •
– Please look over the categories and vote ONCE for each.
– If you do not want to vote for a particular category, just place an “x” in the field.
– Be sure to read the descriptions so you understand what each award is!