Monthly Archives: October 2016
The Long Night
For as long as anyone can remember, as dusk begins to set in on the 31st Day of The Spirit Moon, a night of true terror begins for the inhabitants of Adraveth.
Dark horrors stalk the woods and those of faith find their connections severed from their respective Gods or Goddesses. Those who follow the Spirits find themselves seemingly abandoned as well. Curiously, those who follow the God of Lies find themselves with a connection still in place.
Many have called this night The Deity’s Eclipse while the tribesmen have called it Spiritsdeath.
None seem to know why their connections to the Divine and Spirits falter, but all can agree that tonight, perhaps more than any other night, is a time for people to come together and protect one another. It is not unheard of for several families to spend the eve together under a single roof, with their doors locked and barred, and the sounds of unspeakable horrors wailing outside.
Nothing one sees during the Eclipse can be trusted, and travel during the eve should be seriously limited for the safety of oneself and others.
The Scroll and Dragon has been officially offered as a place of respite for those seeking to gather together during this Deity’s Eclipse, in the hopes that those without a place for safe haven might find some there. Those seeking shelter may freely spend the night within her walls.
(Directive: If you are a DEDICATED Cleric or Shaman, from 5:30PM EST October 31st, you will find yourself completely severed from any Divine or Spirit connections, and will be unable to cast any spells, or use any abilities that rely on Divine or Shamanic connection. This will leave you feeling truly awful, since such a large portion of who you are has been effectively severed. Should you choose to attend Tavern Chat at any point, please roleplay these effects accordingly. These effects end at 7:00 AM November 1st.
Please feel free to elaborate on any odd sightings your character may have had during this time while roleplaying in Tavern Chat, within reason of course. It’s a night of horror. Please remember, however, there is NO COMBAT ALLOWED within the Tavern Chat without SPECIFIC cast direction.)
Remember, you may not enter unless your Character has attended at least one live in-game event at our campsite in Sparta, New Jersey.
• Tavern Chat Link: http://www.chatzy.com/roa
• Password: Please ask any current Player or Cast Member. The best way to do this is via our Facebook group here.
- Local Mage found dead inside of his home. No objects seemed to have been stolen, but there was evidence of a break in and fight.
- Farmers attempting to rebuild in wake of Inquisition attack. Not all of the farms were destroyed, as the brunt of the attack seems to have been focused near certain town centers such as The Scroll and Dragon.
- Solinarian navy ships seen battling ships under Inquisition control in Dunford Bay. The Wife’s Fury was seen on fire.
- Mary Beth Charity wore a stark white dress to Eva Jo’s wedding. Eva Jo was furious at Mary Beth all evening.
- Several noble families have been missing since last Moon. It is believed they were eliminated as many of their estates in Vondara have been seen burning. These nobles were believed to have shown fealty to Leopold.
- As Leopold and his troops have been making their way to the capital, many nobles have been rallying behind him forming the Army of the True Crown to combat the Usurper Dalton.
- More and more of the destitute have been seen screaming about the coming end of days. The church of Sindar and Attalia have been taking these people in, trying to treat them and get them back on their feet.
- It is believed that as Leopold advances, the Usurper Dalton has murdered Prince Regus as he has not been seen in public since the coronation ceremony.
- Agorians carry a terrible disease called scale-plague. Prolonged, close exposure can sicken you greatly.
- Despite all that is going on in the western side of the Twin Kingdoms, Larigmoore has seen an unbelievable transformation as the reconstruction efforts have continued.
- The sounds of fighting have been echoing through the Whispering Woods, accompanied by strange bursts of light. It is believed the Fae have stepped up their conflict to a frenzied point.
- Lonnie Lester missing, presumed dead after battle with inquisitorial forces. He was last seen bravely rescuing several of his fellow soldiers. He will be missed.
- The Church of Razabaoth has been looking to hire a local carpenters guild to begin construction of their new Church in Duncaster.
- The Dwarves of Karak Kazad have been celebrating a huge triumphant victory as they have unearthed a large section of the mountains long lost to them after the Tragedy of Clan Darkhammer.
- There has been a strange sighting of several large silver beings seen gathering materials in the forest up north.
- Sindaran cleric accidentally shot with arrow while trying to defend Kobold from angry mob. He is not expected to live through the night.
All characters have the option of being aware of the following situation as it stands and continues to unfold.
(As represented by scattered reports or messengers, the situation is clearly being widely spread.)
4th Day of the Spirit Moon, 1116
It has been over two weeks since Inquisition forces attacked the New Calendale area. It is believed that the Inquisition took advantage of the hole in the blockade caused by a large wraith presence in the evening before their attack.
Following their defeat in the New Calendale area by forces led by King Leopold himself, the forces loyal to the Inquisition began their retreat towards Vondara. Leopold and his forces followed them east, either taking them down or accepting the surrender of those who would listen to reason.
Leopold’s forces continued to move east, directly through the Whispering Woods. Fortunately, due to the good relations forged during the Solinarian conflict, King Finvara granted Leopold and his forces safe passage.
Once they had cleared the deepest parts of the woods, they were met by a large portion of the Twin Kingdoms Mages’ Guild. Those mages began creating portals on a scale not seen since the emergency evacuation of Old Calendale. The whereabouts of Leopold’s forces are currently unknown.
8th Day of the Spirit Moon, 1116
It appears that the portals Leopold and the bulk of his forces took transported them to Breckendorf, where a small battle occurred with those forces loyal to the inquisition. Leopold’s forces were not met with heavy resistance.
Since the advent of the Holy War several years ago, the Inquisition’s forces are limited in number, and many within the Inquisition were relegated to the position as acting officers over the military. A very large portion of the soldiers under the command of the remaining Inquisitors balked terribly at the idea of fighting against other Twin Kingdoms soldiers or noble forces. If any place in the Twin Kingdoms remembers the horrors that came of the Civil War, it is those who reside in Breckendorf.
King Leopold and his forces have regained complete control of Breckendorf itself. It is apparent to anyone that Leopold is preparing his forces for a final push to Vondara, to secure both the crown and his son, who is currently a hostage of Dalton.
13th Day of the Spirit Moon, 1116
King Leopold’s forces departed Breckendorf shortly after its retaking, making an obvious beeline for Vondara itself. Interestingly, several Jeredithians have joined Leopold’s army, many former inquisitors.
Judging by the sheer amount of defense set around Vondara, It is readily apparent that the seat of the Inquisition’s power and influence lies in Vondara. All inquisitors siding with Dalton have retreated behind her walls.
The sounds of fighting can be heard for miles around, as powerful magics crack through the air and light up the dark night sky.
Some rumors speak of Leopold falling in battle, others insist that he’s breached the walls of the city. Some say that the gates were opened for him, and the fighting is taking place in the city streets, with only the shimmering dome protecting the castle preventing his progress.
It is apparent that the next few days shall decide the fate of The Twin Kingdoms.